Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Best BIG ASS SALAD this side of the Mississippi!


Alright so, this salad is DELISH! A week ago I finished a program called the Ultimate Reset and during that program you basically are eating to rid and heal your body from all the toxins you consume through food, the air we breath, and everything else we are exposed to during our life. To do this you eliminate all processed foods, dairy, meat, and are eating completely vegan by the end. During the 3 weeks of the program I came across this salad recipe and I have had it almost every day since... and I am not even doing the Ultimate Reset anymore! :) It's just the perfect combo of veggies, flavor, crunch and is so refreshing to eat! 

Before I go on and on about how GOOD this salad is I am going to give you the recipe to try it for yourself! I will warn you there's a little prep-work for this one but once you get through  that, you can portion it out and have your lunch covered for the week!

**Although I was not eating meat during the Ultimate Reset I have added chicken to this salad since **

How to prep your chicken (I usually prep 4-5 breasts at a time):

* Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* Cut off the extra fat from each chicken breast
* Spread a little EVOO on each chicken breast and season with your favorite seasoning (I do Himalayan Salt and No-Salt Garlic & Herb seasoning)
* Add chicken to a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes

After cooking I let the chicken cool and chop for my salads for the week. I also use this chicken to eat in wraps, with veggies and rice, healthy pizza, etc.

Veggies to Dice (1 serving size):

* 1/4 Cup of Red Pepper
* 1/4 Cup of Jicama
* 1/2 Medium Cucumber
* 1/2 Medium Carrot (shredded)
* 1/4 Cup of Pico de Gallo or Diced Tomato

I usually cut up enough veggies for the week and they stay fresh for about 5 days. 

Pumpkin Seeds (Makes 8 servings):

* 2 Cups of Raw Green Pumpkin Seeds (without shells)
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
* Arrange pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the baking sheet.
* Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until very aromatic and slightly browned. Be careful not to let burn! 

Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing (Makes 10 servings):

* 1/2 Cup EVOO
* 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
* 3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
* 3 Tbsp. fresh Lemon Juice
* 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Parsley
* 1 tsp. Himalayan Salt
* 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup

Place all the ingredients above into a food processor or blender - I used my Ninja! ;) Blend until smooth and store in the refrigerator. If dressing solidifies when cold, hold at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir before serving.

How to Assemble the Salad:

In most produce sections, you can find bulk or bagged mixed baby greens, which may include lettuces, baby kale, mizuna, radicchio, etc. These are perfect for this salad! 

* 1 Diced (pre-cooked) chicken breast (I sometimes just use 1/2 a breast depending on the size and it's plenty)
* 1/4 medium Carrot
* 1/2 medium Cucumber
* 1/2 Red Pepper
* 1/2 medium tomato (or 1/4 cup of Pico de Gallo)
* 1/4 cup of Jicama
* 2 Tbsp. Creamy Garlic Dressing

To easily mix all the ingredients add them to a bowl with a lid and shake! Enjoy! :)

And remember.....



Feel free to SHARE this post! Make sure to comment below if you try this salad! I want to know what you think! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment